Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Just A Little Revolt

Here we are on the cusp of the epicenter of the political correctness season. Well, I say Happy Holidays my ass!

For 200+ years this country celebrated Christmas. Additionally, folks in Jewish communities celebrated Chanukah and people in other communities celebrated what ever religious holidays were important to them. All of these groups seem to have done so with no major set back to their religions. This is evidenced by the fact that virtually every religion has thrived over the history of this country.

The Constitution says that the government shall establish no religion. What they meant when they wrote that was that the government was not to have an "official" state religion. Clearly it wasn't meant that religion was to be erased from the country. The proof of this can be seen by looking at many of the writings by our founding fathers where God is openly referenced. Additionally, look at the Supreme Court building. The Ten Commandments are built right into it.

It was never intended that the Lord would be removed from the public. To do so goes against every precept this country was founded upon. It was founded so individuals could freely and openly practice their religion. Now, through the tyranny of a few anti religious zealots in conjunction with certain individuals who wish to weaken this country, we are now faced with our current situation. We find people saying "Happy Holidays" when we mean "Merry Christmas"!

Our country became great while acknowledging God! To acknowledge God does not "establish" a religion. It is not contrary to the Constitution. It isn't even anti science. It is merely acknowledging the general belief that the majority of Americans ascribe to.

Why should we bow down to the tyranny of a few and have OUR right to free expression as well as our right to freedom of religion be subjugated and forced to change because some minor group doesn't like it. This is so typical of these fringe groups. They get some bug up their butt about some issue and because they like it or don't like it, they want to force the rest of us to do things their way. Why can't they be like sensible people in a reasonable society. If I don't want to listen to radical left wing propaganda I don't listen to the channels that broadcast it. I don't try to get them to take it off the air. If I don't care to eat vegetarian I just don't go to vegetarian restaurants, I don't protest to have them closed. If I believe in the right to own handguns I don't try to force everyone else to own one.

I'm starting my own personal revolt. There will be no "Happy Holidays" coming from me. It's "Merry Christmas"! This is not meant as an offense to anyone but rather a free expression of my religious belief. By the same token, I pledge not to be offended by anyone wishing me "Happy Chanukah" or any other legitimate heart felt religious sentiment.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment