Sunday, October 22, 2017

Pedulum Swings Against Hollywood And The Left

Let me start by saying I have absolutely NO facts to back up this speculation, but when have I ever let that stop me from throwing out a theory. My only difference from the main stream press is that I tell you that up front and say its a theory not a fact. But anyway, here goes.

I’ve been aware of Hollywood’s troubles for a couple of years now. Their decline in box office revenues has been evident. Many of their supposed major pictures have flopped. Middle America has rejected what they have offered.


Many of this years supposed blockbusters are again failing, and now they are even pulling them from the theaters early. 

So I ask myself, ‘what’s going on?’ 

And it comes to me that maybe this is the first full force evidence that the cultural worm has turned. 

Is it possible that the general public has become fed up with Hollywood and the old line press telling us what to think, feel and say and have said “We’ve had it and were not going to take it anymore!”? And thus they have chosen to hit back at the only place they know will get their attention. Their pocketbooks, because as much as they think we, you and me, should pay more taxes for their pet social experiments, they aren’t much for relinquishing any of their own money. 

This seems to be having an impact, at least at the TV level. If you look at the offerings this fall, you will see a lot more pro American, pro military types of shows and fewer of the “alternative” life style affirmation shows, with the exception of the reboot of Will and Grace. And one might even make the case that it is getting a reboot because it was a hit in the past and they are looking for anything that people will willingly watch even though it normalizes behavior that would be considered outside of the main stream.

As Andrew Breitbart used to say, “Politics is down stream from culture.” and I believe we are seeing signs of that now. As the old line politicians, both left and right, resist the draining of the swamp, they are finding it more and more difficult to raise money, while the alternative candidates are gaining traction, like Roy Moore. 

Don’t get me wrong here, I’m not a huge Roy Moore fan, but I’ll take him any day of the week over a status quo politician.

So heres hoping that Hollyweird’s problems are a leading indicator that the social pendulum is swinging back from the radical left and our efforts to restore sanity are reaping some rewards.

Or so it would seem to an old farm boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment