Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Kuntzmen's Hit Piece Disguised As Reporting

How in gods name can a supposed news outlet (The New York Daily News) allow a hit piece like Gersh Kuntzmen's anyplace other than on the op-ed page. And even then, to allow it without challenging some of the nonsense and out right lies is unforgivable.

Here is a quote I just cut from his article:

The recoil bruised my shoulder. The brass shell casings disoriented me as they flew past my face. The smell of sulfur and destruction made me sick. The explosions — loud like a bomb — gave me a temporary case of PTSD. For at least an hour after firing the gun just a few times, I was anxious and irritable.

Even in semi-automatic mode, it is very simple to squeeze off two dozen rounds before you even know what has happened. In fully automatic mode, it doesn’t take any imagination to see dozens of bodies falling in front of your barrel.

Now, I do not personally own an AR15, but I have fired one and I do own a weapon that fires the same ammo as your standard AR15. Trust me when I tell you, there is NO WAY that this weapon bruised his shoulder. The recoil from this ammo, .556/.223, is barely more than that of a .22LR. I have seen 12 year olds fire these weapons with no ill affects. For a grown man to claim to have bruised his shoulder firing this weapon strikes me as total bullshit!

Then he claims the brass "flew past my face". This weapon ejects from the right side of the frame. Unless he were firing it left handed (which he wasn't according to the picture in the article) there was no way the brass flew past his face. Though I have no doubt that this pussy was disoriented around anything testosterone producing.

He goes on to say "the smell of sulfur and destruction made me sick". The last I checked, there is no smell distinct to destruction, though to be honest, that was probably just a bad piece of writing and he did not mean to have destruction linked to "smell". The smell that affected him was most likely a mix of cordite and the shit in his pants.

He then says, "Even in semi-automatic mode, it is very simple to squeeze off two dozen rounds before you even know what has happened. In fully automatic mode, it doesn’t take any imagination to see dozens of bodies falling in front of your barrel."

I have no idea what he is talking about when he says "Even in semi-automatic mode". That's all there is on an AR15! There is no automatic mode! If he were firing a weapon in full auto mode it wasn't an AR15, most likely it would have been its cousin it was made to look like, the military M16. It is illegal to sell or own a fully automatic weapon without having a special license from the federal government, and these are not easy to come by.

He goes on to say you can squeeze off two dozen rounds before you even know what has happened. Again I say bullshit! I challenge you to right now, curve your index finger and pull it back 24 times and tell me you didn't realize what you were doing. Now imagine a little resistance on each pull.

I say Gersh Kuntzmen is an inveterate liar! He didn't go to learn or fairly report. He went to write a hit piece. I would even bet $100 (and if you knew what a cheap bastard I am you would realize this is a significant wager for me) that in his heart of hearts, if he were to tell the truth, he had fun firing the weapon.

Or so it would seem to an old farm boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment